WHAT IS CANNESERIES INSTITUTE?
CANNESERIES Institute is a residency program dedicated to writing for series that will welcome eight international students in Cannes from March 27tth to May 1st, 2020.
At the end of this program supervised by teachers from the University of Côte d’Azur (UCA) and members of Serial Eyes, a prestigious writing residence in Berlin, each resident will produce a pre-bible and pilot of a TV series. One of them will be offered the opportunity to develop the winning series with Canal+.
The residency is an intensive five week series writing training program for young screenwriters that is closely linked to Canal+'s creative ecosystem: Création Originale, Studio+, Studiocanal.
Residents will be immersed in the CANNESERIES world through original and international screenings, masterclasses and carte blanche conversations throughout the city.
"The goal of CANNESERIES Institute is to allow aspiring screenwriters to express their talent and offer them the opportunity to develop their series with Canal+."
Benoît Louvet, Managing Director of CANNESERIES
WHAT SCHOOLS ARE PARTNERING WITH CANNESERIES INSTITUTE?
- Serial Eyes (Germany)
- The Conservatoire européen d’écriture audiovisuelle (France)
- The Scuola Holden (Italy)
- The Polish National Film Television, and Theater School (Poland)
- The London Film School (Great Britain)
- The MIDPOINT International Script Development Program (Czech Republic)
WHAT ARE the key dates of CANNESERIES INSTITUTE?
- October 28th, 2019: Application deadline.
- November 25th, 2019: List of short-listed applicants announced.
- December 4th, 2019: List of the eight finalists announced.
- March 27th to May 1st, 2020: CANNESERIES Institute Residency.
WHO ORGANIZES CANNESERIES INSTITUTE?
The Cannes – Vivendi/Canal+ Group International Chair and the Université Côte d’Azur (UCA) are behind the CANNESERIES Institute, an exceptional residency dedicated to screenwriting for series.
Developed by UCA in association with Serial Eyes (DFFB, Berlin), the third edition of the residency will take place in the context of the future Cannes university hub, a project launched by Cannes Mayor David Lisnard and UCA.
The program is part of the City of Cannes’ ambition to establish itself as a leading university city in the creative fields. The program was also designed to contribute to the creative dynamic of CANNESERIES, the Cannes International Series Festival that will be held in Cannes from March 27th to April 1st, 2020.